Will To Power Dev Blog #2
Networking… 1 step forward and 2 steps back…
Last week I thought uLink would be a good choice since Rust uses it
and Rust is a big influence for Will To Power. However when it came
down to it, uLink is no longer supported.
So I had another look about and found Forge Remastered. I had heard of Forge before but never really paid it much attention but then I found out that they have made it completely opensource. It’s on Git so I can get access to the source, I can also get support and report bugs etc.
Forge Remastered… Where are we at so far?
So far I’ve managed to get back to the point I was at with uLink pretty much. We have a master server which is used to populate the server browser in the client. This is all working now.
Next I am working on the player spawning system, which I hope to get done before the next Dev Blog so hopefully I can have some players running around the map soon.
That’s all for now.
- Itch.io – https://barbarousgames.itch.io/will-to-power
- Website – http://barbarousgames.co.uk/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/willtopowergame/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/barbarousgames
- IndieDB – http://www.indiedb.com/games/will-to-power
- Patreon – Coming soon once I have figured out what reward tiers should be included.
Get Will To Power
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.